1. Information we collect
When you engage with our Service, we collect the following types of information:
Identification Information: We collect personal information when you register an account, enter personal information on the “Contact Us” page of the Site, or import or enter personal information to use the Service. The personal information collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number and company.
Social Networking Services Data: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Medium, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect personal information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Information We Receive Automatically: When you visit, use and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
2. How we use information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
Deliver our Service, including to:
- Facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
- Identify you as a legitimate user of our Service;
- Provide reports on your mailing campaigns, and respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Service;
- Send you administrative information, for example, information regarding the Service, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
Marketing. We may use your personal information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You will have the ability to opt out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the “Online tracking opt-out” section below.
Research and development. We may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service, and promote our business.
Compliance, fraud prevention and safety: We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; (c) comply with and enforce the Terms of Service; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
3. Sharing and disclosure of personal data
In certain circumstances we may disclose your personal information to third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may disclose personal information to vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, printing providers, gifting providers, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store personal information in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your personal information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. Update your information
Opt-out of email communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser: Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Websites: outout.aboutads.info
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
- Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communications. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. Postal.io currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, Postal.io may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
Personal information requests. Where applicable, you may request the following in relation to personal information:
- Access to a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you.
- Correction of personal information that is inaccurate or out of date.
- Deletion of personal information that we no longer need to provide the Service or for other lawful purposes.
To make a request, please email us or write to us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We may ask for specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. Depending on where you reside, you may be entitled to empower an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. We will require authorized agents to confirm their identity and authority, in accordance with applicable laws. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination.
Limits on your privacy rights and choices. In some instances, your choices may be limited, such as where fulfilling your request would impair the rights of others, our ability to provide a service you have requested, or our ability to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights. If you are not satisfied with how we address your request, you may submit a complaint by contacting us as provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Postal.io does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to Postal.io through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
6. Links to other websites
You use the Service at your own risk. We have implemented technical, administrative, and organizational measures designed to protect personal information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information to Postal.io via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
8. Retention of personal information
Where required under applicable laws, we retain personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and processed, in accordance with our retention policies, and in accordance with applicable laws and regulatory obligations or until you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of personal information, the purposes for which we use personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
9. International Data Transfers
You will provide personal information directly to our Site in the United States. We may also transfer personal information to our service providers in the United States and other jurisdictions. Please note that such jurisdictions may not provide the same protections as the data protection laws in your home country.
When we engage in cross-border data transfers, we will implement safeguards to protect your personal information as required by applicable data protection laws. For more information about how we transfer personal information internationally, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section below.
11. Contact us