1. Information we collect
When you engage with our Service, we collect the following types of information:
Identification Information: We collect personal information when you register an account, enter personal information on the “Contact Us” page of the Site, or import or enter personal information to use the Service. The personal information collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include first and last name, email address, mailing address, phone number and company.
Social Networking Services Data: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Medium, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect personal information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Personal Information Processed on Behalf of Business Customers: In order to provide the Service, we may collect information from our business customers’ marketing automation platform and/or other sales tools, like Salesforce or HubSpot. Through those connections, we may receive personal information about End Users that such business customers make available to us, such as names, email addresses, mailing addresses, company, and phone numbers. We process that information pursuant to our Terms of Service and other agreements with our business customers in order to provide the Service. We have no direct relationship with the End Users. If you are such an End User and would no longer like your data to be used by one of our business customers that use our Service or you would like to access, correct or request deletion of your data or exercise other rights in relation to your personal information, please contact the business customer that you interact with directly.
Information We Receive Automatically: When you visit, use and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
2. How we use information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
Deliver our Service, including to:
- Facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account;
- Identify you as a legitimate user of our Service;
- Provide our Service, including sending direct mailings, including gifts and printed materials to your contacts or sales leads, providing reports on your mailing campaigns, and responding to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions;
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with our services;
- Send you administrative information, for example, information regarding the Service, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies; and
- With respect to personal information processed on behalf of the business customer, for any purposes at the direction of the business customer.
Marketing. We may use your personal information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You will have the ability to opt out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the “Your Choices” section below.
Research and development. We may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service, and promote our business.
Compliance, fraud prevention and safety: We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements; (c) comply with and enforce the Terms of Service; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
3. Sharing and disclosure of personal data
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, printing providers, gifting providers, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
4. Update your information
Update or Correct Your Information. Please log in to your account to update or correct your personal information. Alternatively, you can update or correct your personal information by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below.
Opt-out of email communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to limit online tracking, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser: Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, our Site may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Websites: outout.aboutads.info
- Digital Advertising Alliance for Mobile Apps: https://youradchoices.com/appchoices
- Network Advertising Initiative: optout.networkadvertising.org
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track: Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communications. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. Postal.io currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, Postal.io may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Postal.io does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Postal.io through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
6. Links to other websites
You use the Service at your own risk. We have implemented technical, administrative, and organizational measures designed to protect personal information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal information to Postal.io via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
9. Contact us